- Citywide calls on Taoiseach to confirm appointment of Drugs Minister
Citywide welcomes the comments of an Taoiseach Enda Kenny that he is giving consideration to appointing a Junior Minister with responsibility for the National Drugs Strategy and calls on him to confirm an appointment as a matter of urgency. »
- Support the call for a Junior Minister for Drugs
For the first time in 21 years there is no Minister for Drugs. We have emailed all TDs to ask them to support our call for the appointment of a Junior Minister for Drugs.
We need your help! »
- Crime & Punishment
In this video, contributors speak about the link between social disadvantage and community drug problems and look at the harm done to individuals and communities by criminalising people for using drugs.
Watch the Citywide videos here »
- Drug Rehabilitation Projects Videos
These short, powerful videos include interviews with Drug Rehab Project participants and projects leaders.The videos accompany the Citywide DRP consultation document.
Watch them here »
- Barriers or Bridges?
Drugs Rehabilitation Projects – the Road to Recovery
The Citywide consultation report shows major challenges now being faced by Community Drugs Rehabilitation Projects in maintaining their crucial work with recovering drug users. »
- Drugs - can we take anymore?
Report of the Citywide campaign meeting. People in local communities most affected by drugs want to have a strong voice again and want to be heard. »
- Decriminalisation: A New Direction for Drugs Policy?’
Recent public debate has shown a widespread confusion about the difference between decriminalisation and legalisation of drugs.
The purpose of the leaflet is to clarify this distinction and to support a debate in Ireland on these issues that is based on the best available evidence and experience from other countries.
- Watch the conference presentations
Criminalising Addiction: is there another way?
This Citywide conference discussed the impact of current Irish Drug Policy and looked at possible alternative policies.
The conference was held against the backdrop of an international push to review the ‘War on Drugs’ and to consider alternative drugs policies. »
- Criminalising Addiction: Is There Another Way?
The report contains information from the speakers’ presentation slides and feedback from the table discussions.
- Introduction to Addiction Studies 15 April 2015Apr15Urrús / Ballymun Youth Action ProjectThis two-day workshop is for those wishing to gain a good basic understanding of drugs ... Read more »
- Diploma in Community Drug and Alcohol Work 02 April 2015Apr2A unique 1 year part-time University Diploma and a Bridge to 3rd level education This comprehensive and professional course is run ... Read more »
- Citywide calls on Taoiseach to confirm appointment of Drugs Minister 04 March 2015Citywide welcomes the comments of an Taoiseach Enda Kenny that he is giving consideration to appointing a Junior Minister with ... Read more »
- We need a Minister for Drugs 03 March 2015Over the past few months, TDs from all parties have expressed concern that for the first time in 21 years ... Read more »