- Aodhán Ó Ríordáin appointed as Minister for Drugs
Citywide warmly welcomes the appointment of Minister Aodhán Ó Ríordáin as Minister of the State at the Department of Health with special responsibility for the National Drugs Strategy. »
- Crime & Punishment
In this video, contributors speak about the link between social disadvantage and community drug problems and look at the harm done to individuals and communities by criminalising people for using drugs.
Watch the Citywide videos here »
- Drug Rehabilitation Projects Videos
These short, powerful videos include interviews with Drug Rehab Project participants and projects leaders.The videos accompany the Citywide DRP consultation document. Watch them here »
- Barriers or Bridges?
Drugs Rehabilitation Projects – the Road to Recovery. The Citywide consultation report shows major challenges now being faced by Community Drugs Rehabilitation Projects in maintaining their crucial work with recovering drug users. »
- Drugs - can we take anymore?
Report of the Citywide campaign meeting. People in local communities most affected by drugs want to have a strong voice again and want to be heard. »
- Decriminalisation: A New Direction for Drugs Policy?’
Recent public debate has shown a widespread confusion about the difference between decriminalisation and legalisation of drugs.
The purpose of the leaflet is to clarify this distinction and to support a debate in Ireland on these issues that is based on the best available evidence and experience from other countries.
- Watch the conference presentations
Criminalising Addiction: is there another way?
This Citywide conference discussed the impact of current Irish Drug Policy and looked at possible alternative policies.
The conference was held against the backdrop of an international push to review the ‘War on Drugs’ and to consider alternative drugs policies. »
- Criminalising Addiction: Is There Another Way?
The report contains information from the speakers’ presentation slides and feedback from the table discussions.
- Aodhán Ó Ríordáin appointed as Minister for Drugs 23 April 2015Citywide warmly welcomes the appointment of Minister Aodhán Ó Ríordáin as Minister of the State at the Department of Health ... Read more »
- Citywide calls for confirmation of appointment of Minister for Drugs 04 March 2015Citywide welcomes the comments of an Taoiseach Enda Kenny that he is giving consideration to appointing a Junior Minister with ... Read more »
- Effects of Gangland Crime on Communities. 15 December 2014Citywide made a submission to the Oireachtas Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality on the effects of gangland crime on ... Read more »